Amsterdam is an expensive city. Sure, the rent prices are exorbitant and it’s not exactly cheap to go out …. unless you’re doing one of these 30 activities!
1. Watch the random action on the Dam Square or Leidseplein
Sure, you should tip any performers of course… if they earn it.
2. Walk/bike through the canals
It’s cliché for a reason.
3. Outdoor film festivals
Though you’re encouraged to pay extra for things like chair reservations and headphone rentals, and there’s plenty of food and drink to spend your money on, you can still show up to outdoor film festivals like Pluk de Nacht and Films With a View at Pllek and watch a movie without paying a dime (bring your own drinks for the first and headphones for the latter).
20. Ride the ferry
Step on the south side of the IJ at Centraal Station or to the west or east and explore Noord, Amsterdam’s final frontier. Bring a bike.
Latest posts by Arianna (see all)
- Circus SIJM is back in Haarlem with expatsHaarlem reader’s discount! - June 12, 2018
- 5th May: Liberation Day and festival - May 5, 2018
- Mud Masters Obstacle Run 2018 - April 20, 2018