Summer holidays are around the corner! If you are already thinking about where to spend the summer break this year, you are going to love these 7 getaways in the Netherlands.
There are different accommodations for families in the Netherlands where you can have a fun-filled family holiday. The holiday parks (vakantieparks) offer a wide variety of entertainment for children: swimming pools, playgrounds, water parks etc. Moreover, they are also located in nature where you can go hiking or biking.
Last summer, my family and I had the opportunity to try out different holiday parks in different parts of the Netherlands. These were our favorite accommodations for families:
Holiday parks in the Netherlands 2021
1. Center Park De Eemhof Center Park has 9 different holiday parks in the Netherlands. We visited this one last summer, and we particularly liked it because of Aqua Mundo (impressive indoor pool with two special areas for babies and small children), its natural environment and the proximity to the sea. In addition, this holiday park has restaurants, a supermarket, bowling alley and activities for children of all ages.
2. Duinrell Park Only 40 minutes away from Haarlem, this holiday park and camping includes an amazing amusement and water park (the largest one in the Benelux area!). Access to both parks is included with your booking. When we visited, we booked a premium bungalow and we loved it, everything was neat and clean. If you like glamping, you can also book a lodge tent and enjoy of a comfortable accommodation in the nature.
3. Beekse Bergen You and your family can sleep surrounded by animals in this safari resort in north Brabant. The holiday park includes an amazing safari park that you can visit by boat, on foot, bus or car, and come face-to-face with wild animals. Other attractions are mini-cars, air trampoline, indoor swimming pool and mini-golf. You can stay the night at the safari resort, holiday park or camping. If you are searching for a unique accommodation don’t forget to check out their tree houses.
4. Drouwenerzand This park is located in Drente, a beautiful region in the north of the Netherlands. One of the things that we really liked about this place was its natural environment. There is a beautiful lake where you can go for a swim, and prehistoric monuments in the middle of a forest. In this holiday park you can choose between different types of accommodation: tree houses, lodges, bungalows and camping. When you stay in Drouwenerzand you have free access to their leisure park, which is full of rides that will make children of all ages happy.
5. Landal Miggelenberg This holiday park is part of the Landal GreenParks, with different locations in the country. I really liked this one closed to Apeldoorn because of the amount of things you can do with the kids. They have an indoor swimming pool with different water attractions and hot tub, a petting zoo, a beautiful playground, an indoor soft park and more. And pets are allowed. If you are looking for a more luxurious (and more expensive) option, Landal GreenParks has also a holiday resort called Hof van Saksen that offers a beautiful scenery and excellent facilities (spa and wellness, swimming pool with slides, kids club, among others). A perfect place where the whole family can relax and enjoy themselves.
6. Zandvoort Center Park We didn’t visited this holiday park last summer but during the Christmas holidays. At that time we couldn’t enjoy Aqua Mundo, restaurants and any other of the facilities because of Corona restrictions, but we didn’t really miss them. We booked a spectacular VIP cottage with private sauna and hot tub, BBQ, terrace… Without a doubt the best accommodation we have ever stayed in a holiday park. The vakantiepark is next to Zandvoort beach and sand dunes, which makes it an ideal summer accommodation.
7. Efteling Bosrijk This holiday village is part of Efteling, so you can enjoy of unlimited access to the theme park when you stay here. I can’t say enough about this holiday park, just amazing! We stayed in one of the Landhuys family rooms, beautifully decorated and full of magical details for the little ones. The surroundings could not be more spectacular, an enchanted forest where the Efteling characters come to visit you. Breakfast was included, as well as access to the swimming pool. A place to come back!
I hope this article gives you some ideas for your summer holiday and you can enjoy this beautiful holiday parks in the Netherlands as much as I did with my family.
- Best holiday parks in the Netherlands for an unforgettable summer - May 13, 2021
- Festive food deliveries in Haarlem: order a tasty New Year treat! - December 28, 2020
- Choosing a primary school in Haarlem - November 24, 2020