The trainers suggest that in order to take part on the course you need to be in your third Trimester, at least 26 weeks pregnant.
This course is designed for couples and runs for five sessions every Monday and Tuesday starting on June 5th and continuing until July 4th + one Post-natal session which will be communicated by the trainer.
Please find below the exact dates.
Monday Group: June 5, 12, 19, 26, July 3
Location: British School Amsterdam, Anthonie van Dijkstraat 1a, 1077 ME, Amsterdam
Tuesday group: June 6, 13, 20, 27, July 4
Location: De Boezemvriend, Overtoom 205, 1054 HT, Amsterdam
Each session runs for 2 hours from 19.00hrs to 21.00hrs.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How the health system works around childbirth in the Netherlands
- Relaxation, breathing and massage exercises in the first stage of labour
- Dilation, what happens in your body
- Attitude towards contractions and pain
- How to relax when in labour
- Breathing in the different stages of labour
- Pain relief, what are the possibilities
- Exercises such as pushing in different positions
- Vacuum extraction, caesarean section
- Breastfeeding information (limited)
- First week of motherhood
- Dutch habits and customs
* The costs of the course may be reimbursed from your health insurance. ACCESS, however, bears no responsibility for this process. Please check with your insurance company for details yourself.
‘Please sign up on this page on the Access website.
*Please note: If you do not receive correspondence from one of our ACCESS Baby Course Coordinators within a week of submitting the form below, please email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Details Childbirth Preparation Course
Childbirth Preparation June/July Monday/Tuesday 2017 (Amsterdam)
Having a baby
Mon 5 Jun – Tue 4 Jul 2017
British School Amsterdam and De Boezemvriend
240 Euros per couple *
Latest posts by Arianna (see all)
- Circus SIJM is back in Haarlem with expatsHaarlem reader’s discount! - June 12, 2018
- 5th May: Liberation Day and festival - May 5, 2018
- Mud Masters Obstacle Run 2018 - April 20, 2018