Expat Cinema: Amélie
One of the most iconic French films of all time returns to cinemas, presented one time only with English subtitles on Sunday 19 December at 14:30 hours by The Schuur in collaboration with expatsHaarlem.
- Country France
- Year 2001
- Lenght 120 min
- Language French, English subtitels
- Direction Jean-Pierre Jeunet
- Actors Audrey Tautou, Matthieu Kassovitz, Isabelle Nanty, Yolande Moreau, Dominique Pinon, Jamel Debbouze
- Presented in Haarlem for Expat Cinema on: Sunday 19 December, 14:30 hours.
Amélie Poulain is on a journey to bring the people around her more joy into their lives, after the discovery of a box hidden in the walls of her apartment and the happiness it brought to its owner upon its return. Up until that point her life had been rather dreary, having been restricted to her house during the majority of her childhood and her mother dying in a rather disturbing and unexpected fashion during her teens, the discovery of the box marks a new chapter. As she begins to work towards helping those around her find happiness, she connects with neighbors she had never spoken with before, bonds more with her coworkers, and even finds a possible love interest for herself.
Every two weeks, the Schuur in collaboration with expatsHaarlem, presents a special screening with English subtitles.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Please help us to keep providing you with news, information, blogs, events and reader’s actions, even more so now, given the coronavirus crisis. ExpatsHaarlem is independent and receives no state or other funding. Your financial contribution will enable us to keep existing and providing you our services. And of course, we are always happy to hear your suggestions and ideas, or issues for improvement. You can donate via Ideal, credit card or Paypal.
Find out more about us, and who we are, or find out how to advertise on expatsHaarlem.
And thank you very much for your contribution.
- Brewery Magic Show - May 29, 2023
- Replacement parking systems in Haarlem parking garages - May 28, 2023
- Water scooters and jet skis no longer welcome in Haarlem waters - May 28, 2023