Did you know that this year there are 10 Haarlemmers in the olympics? The list includes athletes who were either born in or currently live in Haarlem. In the 2014 olympics no Haarlemmers made the cut. Here is a list of the Haarlemmers in this year’s games with links to their own social media pages where you can follow their progress.
- Matthijs Büchli – Track Cycling
- Jacco Arends – Badminton
- Dex Elmont – Judo (class: up to 73 kilograms)
- Noël van het End – Judo (class: up to 90 kilograms)
- Henk Grol – Judo (class: up to 100 kilograms)
- Kim Polling – Judo (class: up to 70 kilograms)
- Esther Stam* – Judo (class: up to 70 kilograms)
- Debby Stam – Volleyball
- Marthe Schoot – Volleyball
- Olivier Siegelaar – Rowing (men’s eight)
Go Team Haarlem!
*Esther is not on the Dutch team but the team for Georgia
Translated from an article from Haarlem 105.