Almost half of all Dutch sometimes cheats. According to a research study by Psychology Magazine. After the act, they feel very guilty.
2,300 people participated to the research survey (500 men, 1800 women).
Results of the survey
- 43% has ever cheated
- 50% has ever been cheated on
With who do they cheat?
- Friend (17 percent)
- Colleague (16 percent)
- Ex-partner (11 percent)
- Stranger (10 percent)
- Vague acquaintance (9 percent)
What do they find difficult about adultery
- Guilt (29 percent – women more than men)
- Doubts about the choice between partner and lover (19 percent)
- Fear that it comes out (14 percent)
- Lying to partner (13 percent)
- The Double Life (9 percent)
With whom they share their affair?
With no one (male: 58 percent female 33 percent)
With one or more close friends / girlfriends (Male 41 percent, Female 65 percent) With partner (Male 25 percent, Female 34 percent)
(Source: Psychologie Magazine)
- Mama Comedy - November 15, 2022
- expatsHaarlem Events November 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Haarlem Christmas market now largest in the country - November 12, 2022