An elegant cocktail, David Wondrich’s Saint Valentine is a simple mix of rum and ruby port that is sure to delight. This recipe is obviously appropriate for Valentine’s Day.
On his Esquire blog, Wondrich shares a recipe for Saint Valentine in a large batch and suggests using a ‘full-flavored white rum such as 10 Cane or Flor de Caña.’ Another excellent option for rum is Banks 5 Island. It has a bright, fruity taste.
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 ounce Fonseca Bin 27 Ruby Port
- 1/2 ounce orange curacao or Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Recipe: Fonseca Porto
Latest posts by Arianna (see all)
- Circus SIJM is back in Haarlem with expatsHaarlem reader’s discount! - June 12, 2018
- 5th May: Liberation Day and festival - May 5, 2018
- Mud Masters Obstacle Run 2018 - April 20, 2018