If you are travelling abroad with a minor child, you must take into account additional rules and extensive checks at the country borders. Check the information provided by the State to ensure your next holiday goes smoothly.

Children now need their own travel document, as it is no longer sufficient for them to be added on their parents’ passports.

You will need proof that you are the father or mother of the child, or that you have parental authority. If parents are not travelling together, a signed consent form from the remaining parent is required for travel abroad with the child.

The Royal Military Constabulary performs extensive checks to prevent possible child abductions.

Read more information on the website of the Rijksoverheid (State authorities).


Publisher / Community / Marketing Manager at expatsHaarlem
Arianna was born in Rome, Italy and grew up mostly in Florence. When she was 18 years old she came to the Netherlands, where she remained till today. Arianna likes to make trips, discover Haarlem, taste good food, meet internationals and share experiences. Currently she is living with her hubby and 3 toddlers in one of the cutest little neighborhoods of Haarlem, de Vijfhoek.

Latest posts by Arianna (see all)