Vijfhoek Jopen Festival Photo Walk – Selected photos and feedback
Haarlem! The popular quarter De Vijfhoek in Haarlem, the Jopen Festival with Medieval setting and costumes, music, theatre and ancient craftsmanships performances! i.e. tons of occasion to take interesting shots! Warm and sunny weather! We had the best ingredients for a wonderful PHOTO WALK.
What about the shoots? Our jury, this time composed by and Bernadet Gribnau and Edouard Reny made a selection of 9 photos of the walk and commented them. (Featured photo: by Lybil Ber)
Bernadet Gribnau: Bernadet is living in Hoofddorp. Photographer with a passion for looks and details. Favourite subjects; landscape, industry, (multi-culti)weddings, events but also funerals. Photography is a specialism, not just a simple push on the button. Look at her portfolio.
Edouard Reny. Photographer loving many subjects. His photos are dispersed on social media. We refer to his Fotolia account. Edouard is also a musician.
Our Jury’s message is: get inspired, learn from each other and learn from constructive feedback to improve your skills.
Selected and commented Vijfhoek Jopen Festival Photos
The titles of the photos are given by the jury.
1. Lybil Ber, Playing with the sun beams in Jopenkerk at Haarlem
Excellent contrast. The dusty aspect of light rays highlights the clarity of the more darker zone. Mystical atmosphere. Top pic.
2. Danijel Photography, B/W pic of two people under arched tunnel
Nice perspective and work on lines. The contrast is also interesting (contrejour for one of the personae and full light for the other which is smiling). Inspiring picture.
3. Paul Harhen, Child with Lamp or sign post
Beautiful shot of this child. Well caught. Expressive eyes. The colors could be reworked (Contrast is too low, and colors too dull). Balanced framing.
4. Agnieszka, Perspective shot of a bar with glasses and beer taps
Very nice combination of perspective and lightening. I would have increased the contrast a little during processing.
5. Lybil Ber, In a bar, discussion between bar-woman and customer
Smooth lighting that provides a sensation fo warmth. It appears like if there is a light bubble around the two personae. Very soothing.
6. Paul Harhen, old person eating cake in the sun
Nice daily life shot, where the viewer can wonder where the mind of this elderly person is wandering. Good framing and depth of field.
7. Paul Harhen, Plants rising in the sky
Very strong contrast for a picture that allows the viewer to see the multiple nuances of brown via transparency. Feels like looking up from the ground of an alient forest. To improve it, I would have taken a higher f, and tried to avoid the green trees in the background (low left)
8. Paul Harhen, Dancers
Nice play with lines.
9. Lybil Ber, Sky and Building
Nice reflection effect
- Brewery Magic Show - May 29, 2023
- Replacement parking systems in Haarlem parking garages - May 28, 2023
- Water scooters and jet skis no longer welcome in Haarlem waters - May 28, 2023